Best Restaurants in Delhi – My Top 50
Though Delhi is known for it’s food (and foodies), there are hardly any good websites for finding out what the most popular and famous restaurants in Delhi are. Here is my list of recommendations (in no particular order). All of them are totally worth it.
1. Yum Yum Tree – Located at NFC and has a beautiful ambiance as well.
2. Big Chill – Extremely popular fast food joint in Khan Market
3. Haldirams – The first “branded” mithai shop. Famous for chat, snacks and sweets. Infact, just pickup anything from the menu and you won’t be disappointed.
4. Great Kebab Factory – Unlimited Kebab’s followed by main course.
5. Bukhara – Rated one of the best restaurants in Asia
6. Punjabi by Nature – Amazing butter chicken, kebabs and vodka golgappas. Watch out for the super sized paranthas. They are HUGE!
7. Wengers – Located in CP, best known for it’s cakes and pastries. Even the patties and biscuits are amazing.
9. Nizam’s Kathi Kebab – Located at CP. Usually packed, so need to wait before getting seated.
10. Khan Chacha
11. Kwality – Popular among tourists and foreigners, especially for it’s chole bhature.
12. Pind Baluchi – Great food in a typical village setting but small helpings.
13. Sagar Ratna – Good south Indian food. Don’t miss the Basundi in desserts followed by filter coffee!
14. Saravana Bhawan – Die hard south Indian fans prefer this one over Sagar Ratna.
15. Barbeque Nation – Awesome buffet at amazingly low rates. Includes unlimited starters, main course and desserts. Unbeatable service. One of my all time personal favorites.
16. All American Diner – Located at IHC. Tries to recreate that ambiance of an “American” cafe, typically seen in Hollywood movies, and does it quite well. The prices are on the higher side, though.
17. Al Bake – Famous for Shawarma rolls. Best served with mayonnaise. They even home deliver to nearby areas.
18. Indian Accent – Tiny dishes at exorbitant prices. If you’re planning to eat a stomach full, you may end up applying for a personal loan.
19. Moti Mahal – One of the oldest restaurants in Delhi, located at Daryaganj.
20. Moti Mahal Deluxe – Originally at GK, but now has several franchisee outlets all over Delhi.
21. Swagath – Probably the only fine dine restaurant serving south Indian non-veg cuisine in Delhi. Some love it. Some hate it.
22. Mainland China – Perhaps the best chinese food I have ever tasted.
23. Pebble Street
24. Masala Art – Located in Taj Palace. Great food.
25. Park Baluchi – Located in the middle of Deer Park. Best visited in lunch hours.
26. Gulati’s – Offers buffet lunch. The Kulfi shop just outside the restaurant is a must have.
27. TGIF – Offbeat menu offerings in a dimly lit environment.
28. Nathu Sweets – An old restaurant and sweet shop in India.
29. Colonel Kebabz – Carry out kebabs or have it in your car.
30. Bengali sweet house, Bengali Market
31. Bercos – Good chinese food.
32. Chor Bizarre – Awesome buffet which includes chat with an interesting style of serving.
33. BTW – Bittoo Tikki Wala Private Ltd. Best known for it’s tikki chat.
34. United Coffee House – One of the oldest restaurants located in CP. Known for it’s Cona Coffee.
35. Parikrama – The revolving restaurant. Serves good kebabs and butter chicken.
36. Not Just Paranthas – A “high end” paranthe wali gali. I love the pocket parantha’s there.
38. Vedas – Superb ambiance, especially during dinner to enjoy a good candle light dinner.
39. Mochas – Great place to hang out and smoke hookah.
40. Kake Da Hotel – Hyped and hence leads a lot of people disappointed. Before you pay a visit, do keep in mind that it’s a “dhaba” after all!
41. Nirulas – Nirula’s gave dilli walla’s their first taste of Pizza. Love their ice cream too, especially Zafrani Badaam Pista and Banana Split.
42. Paranthe wali Gali – Fried parantha’s with every stuffing you can imagine. Don’t miss the “Daulat Ki Chat” served just outside and the nearby “Ghantewala” sweet shop.
43. Cafe Morisson
44. Rajdhani thali – It’s like a race of you eating and them serving.
45. Aka Saka
46. Deez Biryani – Best delivered at home. They deliver throughout Delhi.
47. Eatopia – Located at IHC, it is one of the most popular food courts in Delhi. Nominal rates and good quality food at all food stalls.
48. Suruchi – The best Gujrati you can have in Delhi. Even the South Indian tastes way better than dedicated South Indian restaurants like Sagar Ratna. Be prepared to be amazed when the waiter gets you the bill – Amazing value for money restaurant.
49. Moet’s curry leaf – Good food and peaceful ambiance. Do not miss the Kulfi served just outside Moet’s.
50. Karnataka food centre
51. Cha Bar – Awkwardly located inside a bookstore, but serves good tea and muffins.
52. Govinda’s – Located inside ISKCON temple. Good vegetarian food in a religious setting.
53. Coffee bean and tea leaf – Similar to Barista, Cafe Coffee Day and Costa’s, but definitely much better.
54. Ruby Tuesdays
55. Yo China – Budget chinese food.
57. Kaventer’s – Best known for it’s flavoured milk. You will need to stand in a queue before you are served.
58. The Hosts – Good Indian and tandoori cuisine. Good place to relax with friends and colleagues after a hard day at work.
59. Bennigans – Amazing food. They serve liquor too, so a great place to hang out with friends.
60. Udupi – Very popular, especially because of it’s attractive rates.
61. Country Inn and Suites, Ghaziabad – The most comprehensive pure vegetarian buffet you can find. But expensive too.
62. Bengal Sweets, South Extension – Awesome chat and probably the best chole bhature you can find.
If you know any other good places worth going to, add them as a comment!
Update: I am no longer maintaining this list. To see the most up-to-date list of the best restaurants in Delhi, see Delhi Delights.
Have eaten at around 40 of these.
Remaining are on radar 🙂
As expected 🙂
20 remaining for me
Dude, ever tried Fresco? Best Italian food!
oye varq aur cha bar kahan hai..
just to add a few Route 04 .. just the ambience..
Smoke house grill
kuki awesome party place
Moets aur uske baahar ki kulfi ??
Green Chutney and Arabian Nights ( PVR Saket)
American Diners ( IHC)
Changezi Chicken ( Old delhi )
Chopsticks, Tonic , Angeethi ( Sirifort )
Punjabi By nature
Shaloms ( N Block )
China Garden , Chungwa and Swaghat ( GK2)
Awesome list to top it up 🙂
Now I will 🙂
I have never been to Delhi. But I have planned to visit India at the end of this year. then I will visit some of this restaurant.
Though not that populated, but even Press Club Canteen is great place. Ambiance, prize (if you manage to go with a journo) and gentry (editors, sub-eds and likes of Arnab Goswami getting drunk on high hopes and foreign liquors) are vouchable!
Second, a new chain of restobars called ‘Metro Grill’. Built like a DMRC train, good ambiance, music and awesome chicken 69.
Is this a random list??? because you have not listed why a few of them figure out here? And there are many better places like Big Chill, Amici, Karims,DeePauls etc
Big Chill is right there on #2. It’s not a random list, it’s “my list of recommendations”. Obviously each one has his own preferences. I’m not a Karim’s fan, for example.
Sorry if I offended you… the list for example doesn’t say why you like Indian Accent or Varq for that matter… and Big Chill is in DLF, Saket too and Etopia is spelt with out a y…
tunda kebab at nayi sadak daryaganj heading towards lal quila
Thanks Bhanu! Btw, the original Tundey Kebab wala is located in Lucknow, and believe me those kebabs are unbeatable.
Excellent and Realistic List
Thanks Lakshay 🙂
sale rajinder ke dhabe ka nam tera baap likhega kya ?
I am surprised that your list missed one of the oldest and finest chinese and japanese restaurants of Delhi, most probably India – FUJIYA in chanakyapuri, malcha marg.
Set in 1969, the service, food and price value everything just outstanding.
I am s foodholic and been to hundreds of restaurants of India and abroad buut found FUJIYA truly convincible and notable. It must in top 5 of your list, Don’t believe me.. just go yourself and check out.
12/48, malcha marg, chanakyapuri, new delhi – 21
Excellent and Realistic List great post
Amazing and very very useful list.
Kainoosh located in DLF Promenade, Contemporary Indian Food at it’s best. Their thali is awesome.
Hi Gaurav. Could you help me with few restaurants which serves best buffet. I am looking for North- Indian, chinese, italian. Thanks
Hi Yashika. BBQ Nation has the best buffer BY FAR. Other places you can try are Gulati’s (for lunch), Great Kebab Factory, Chor Bizarre, Country Inn and Suites, and Chungwa (for chinese)
Thanks Gurpreet 🙂
You should addressess to the list like I have no idea where to get Kaventers milk….just a suggesstion, even though i am from Delhi.
Agreed. But it’s quite easy to Google around for the address. Or you can use a service like Justdial and find out the phone number!
I have bookmarked this page! 3 more months left in Delhi, I hope to just make it!!
Haha… nice. All the best 🙂
try out TLR, gunpowder, the grey garden in haus khas.
try “Sura Vie” in CP, i bet it serves the best lunch buffet for Rs.404(all inclusive)
Have you tried Mamagoto in Khan Market?
Sorry if already mentioned.
Hey gaurav.. Loved ur list..but can u plz tel me a nice restraunt 2 hva good lunch… In budget of 1000-1500.. Plz ripli asap..
Nanking,vasant kunj-awesome oriental cuisine
Oriental bloom-ansal plaza-best dimsums i have ever had
Evergreen sweets,green park-try mouth watering samosa chola
Olive bar and kitchen,behind qutub-excellent mediterranean food
cheri,behind qutub again-awesome risotto and pizza-its newly opened so less variety but risotto and pizzas are must to be had
veda is the best
hey Gaurav i love different types of couisin. so please tell me best buffet and kabab’s in Delhi and best dining for couples
The Big Chill is an Italian place.Doesn’t serve fast food.
Keventers in CP
papa john for pizzas
should be updated with complete location…….
Try arabian nights Grill chicken. Which is near pvr of rk puram
The Potbelly Rooftop Cafe and Kitchen
i guess w/o La Piazza (hyaat) + flavours (below moolchand fly over) +as the best italian in delhi
natraj (chandni chowk) + aristocrat ( c.r park ) for chaat
whipped (g.k 2) for its awesome pastries (must try New York Cheese Cake)
this list is a little incomplete……
BTW great job…keep the yummy work up
try out chur-chur wala in kucha mahajani in chandani chok.the kochires and moong dal haluva (trimendus)
and querashi resturent in south ex
Lazeez at Malcha Marg is actually great place… dont know why the author has put it as a No No…
“>Moets curry leaf really serve quality food
khan chacha is one of the most overrated and hyped places I have ever been to.Just because Virat kohli being the only celebrity that visited the place!!!!! Don’t get your hopes high, he might be the only celebrity that will ever visit the eatery nd they display cut outs of that event everywhere. The , iv had 70 rupee road side biryani’s which were better than this. it just felt like a pulav was added with 2 small pieces of chicken minus the veggies.mutton rolls i ordered were okay but the chicken biryani was absolutely awful. I felt like i wasted my money nd would have felt more at peace if they had rather been robbed off me.The food isnt worth the money spent.
Great List of restaurants. Parikrama is my favourite. Will try new restaurants this weekend.
Thanks for shairng 🙂
Around 15 yrs back, a rickshawalla took us to a restaurant from ISBT kashmere gate. It was not very far off. The food was awesome. Pure vegetarian buffet, cooked in desi ghee with a proper home ambience. They keep serving you till the time you are full, with a huge variety. And at a very reasonable cost. Since I was clueless about delhi at that time, so i don’t remember the place or even the name of restaurant. I have been looking to find that restaurant again since last 15 years, but haven’t been able to. Does anyone know of any such restaurant?