Top 10 reasons why iPhone 3GS will be a success in India
1. Just like Nokia phones, we were waiting for iPhone 3G prices to drop. It never happened. Then why wait with 3GS?
2. Apple announced a tentative launch date way back. We’ve all saved up the cash.
3. It has been a year since 3G launch. We were all hoping for an “iPhone killer”. It never happened. iPhone still rules.
4. Old habits die hard. It was hard to digest that Nokia is no more the #1. Today usability is more important for some than features.
5. The iPhone lacked a lot of basic features even a 5k phone had. Apple fixed most of them.
6. Back then, the iPhone was new, un-reviewed and untested. Not many were ready to take the plunge. Not so anymore.
7. We were waiting for “3G” before buying an iPhone 3G. It never happened and it doesn’t seem likely either. The world has already started talking about 4G.
8. We were hoping that the iPhone will also open up to other carriers. Never happened.
9. We’ve seen it, touched it, heard about it. Everything seems so much more familiar.
10. 30k sounded like a lot of money those days. Now, a lot of phones kiss the 30-40k band. It doesn’t seem “that” expensive anymore.